What is Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
Lymph drainage massage has become a popular form of massage due to its potential health benefits. This specialized approach focuses on the lymphatic system, which is part of the immune system. This type of massage aims to help the body maintain proper blood circulation, body fluid balance, and immune functions.
How Does Lymphatic Drainage Massage Work?
Lymphatic drainage massage uses very light pressure and long, gentle, rhythmic strokes to increase the flow of lymph and reduce toxins in your body. By using very light pressures in a rhythmic, circular motion, a massage therapist can stimulate the lymph system to work more efficiently.
What are the Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
- Reduced water retention; because the lymph system has no pump, if you sit for a long time without moving, the lymph can't flow easily, which is why you may experience swollen feet or fingers. Lymphatic drainage massage manually pumps the fluid around the body.
- Boosts weight loss, lymphatic drainage massage improves your metabolic rate, which helps you burn calories more efficiently.
- Improved skin texture by reducing swelling, puffiness and blotches, speeding up healing scar tissue, reduced cellulite (lymphatic drainage massage increases blood flow and circulation to affected areas, which helps the body break down the toxins which cause dimply skin.
- Prepares tissue for the surgery
- Alleviates edema
- Detoxifies tissue
- Stimulates the immune system; accelerates production of lymphocytes
- Can decrease swelling and bruising
- Minimization of scarring
Many benefits can result from lymphatic drainage before surgery. Its use in this setting decreases edema, pain and inflammation. Lymphatic drainage also seems to promote tissue regeneration, reducing formation and severity of scars which can be unsightly and sometimes painful. Pre-surgical patients can benefit from lymphatic drainage in a variety of ways.
- We recommend new clients show up 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment to fill out consultation forms.
- Please be advised your appointment will be rescheduled If you are 15 minutes late or more as our goal is to provide you with the best service.
- Cancellations: Must be 48-hour cancellation notice prior to scheduled appointment.